Yatta! Hard Work Pays Off!

12:04 Unknown 0 Comments


So on the 2nd of July, 2015, I was awarded my bachelors degree, English Literature and Creative Writing (joint honours), 1st Class.

I really hope that this will be the first of a few higher level qualifications, and I dream of a day when I can fill in forms for online shopping with "Dr" instead of "Miss" (can you do that if you're not a science/medical type doctor? Hm. Also, what kind of qualification is the title "Professor" associated with? So many questions.)

I don't want to say that getting such a high mark (it was an easy 1st, let's put it that way), was straightforward or easy, but it felt right, and all of the work felt natural. The end products, my essays and dissertation, all made me very proud. Grade or no grade, it's the writing that matters to me at the end of the day.

That's why this blog is here. To keep me accountable and keep that work coming.

Unrelated news, I had a big clear out of my books they other day, and my manga has it's own dedicated shelf now. I even bought volume one of CLAMP's Cardcaptor Sakura to celebrate! I've also been pricing up copies of the various Puella Magi Madoka Magica series', and I'm pretty interested in looking at Tarte Magica - I love when mangaka lift elements of Western history, you get some really original work.

0 comments: